After boggling my head for more than a year over woman liberation I have come to a conclusion that suppression of women is not a problem that has a one fold solution. I doubt if it has a solution at all. The change that we wish to see is not through any ACT or provision but there needs to a a change in attitudes! Mr. Sanjay Mattu explained to us the entire concept behind objectifying a woman's body and establishing the entire SHAME factor . So in a patriarchal society the only way a man could be sure that the child who his wife gives birth to is his, is by creating an environment so hostile , that a woman is trapped in the realm of her own femininity! I am not sure if I am perfectly satisfied by that explanation, mostly because coming to terms with it is scary for me!
Also this whole feminist issue is kind of a no issue for me. Please do not get me wrong, all I mean is that I feel that the way to bring about the EGALITARIANISM is to stay egalitarian, if i stress to much on my womanly woes, i am inviting subjugation. Hence, I shall defy what tries to bind me, and ignore my limitations and suffer my own consequences.
No comments:
Post a Comment